Chitradurga (also known locally as Durga) is a city and the headquarters of Chitradurga district which is located on the valley of the Vedavati river in the southern part of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located about 200 km from the state capital Bengaluru.It is a smallest city in Karnataka.
Restaurants in Chitradurga
4.5 based on 248 reviews
While driving from Bangalore to Pune, while crossing Chitradurga town, we thought of taking a small detour to this fort... the lane to entrance is narrow and broken...
The view from the fort is amazing, however the upkeep is not good...go only if you have extra time...
4.5 based on 69 reviews
- This place is also known as Marikanve Dam. For reaching this place take a detour from NH48 in Hiriyur town towards Hosadurga town. On the way Hosadurga, the terrain changes suddenly, you see hills around as you take the directions to reach the dam.
- This place is a beauty! A hidden gem, there are hardly few places which are as beautiful and scenic, and attract so few people.
- The guard/employee at the dam demands money just because he said hello. Just ignore him. They're unauthorized to collect any fee and there are boards around to not pay any such person.
- There is also a small temple, and well respected temple behind the dam. Maramma is the presiding deity. Worth a visit when here.
- There is a traveller's bungalow here which can be availed for accomodation. We didn't avail it so I don't have much info about it.
- You can just walk around several places close to the dam. The place is pleasant and gives you an overdose of oxytocin!
- Best time to visit is immediately after monsoon.
4.5 based on 23 reviews
This was my first visiti, and 3rd on Itinerary on my visit to Chitradurga, i took a guide for complete trip fort/zoo/ankalimut
They are constructing new entry road to the place, not much crowd and calm place. even with reduced rains chandravalli lake has water
You need to really appreciate the effort in making this cave/underground living and worshipping places and the intelligence went in building it, My 8yr old son always had questions on how houses in olden days were constructed and, i was ale to answer some his questions while visiting this place
Please dont miss the eagel shaped rock (A single monolith has been split in to two due to lightning), uploaded a photo of same
4.5 based on 20 reviews
Chandravalli caves was one of the best part of weekend visit to Chitradurga. I had least expectation from this attraction, but it turned out to be the best.
It is located around 3 to 4 Kms from Chitradurga fort. Chandravalli caves is in midst of two giant rocks. There is a lake near caves. Do take assistance of Guide with you as it is easy to navigate. Carrying torch will help. Kids enjoyed a lot. This place is not commercialized which was a big relief. Carry sufficient water as at the end of tour you will be exhaustedt
4.5 based on 11 reviews
5 based on 8 reviews
This is one of the best fort to visit. This used to have 7 layers of protection and has a good history. This Fort became famous only after the movie "naagara haavu". A place worth visiting. This place needs to be really developed up into a very good tourist place.
4 based on 10 reviews
Adumalleshwara is about 7 kms from Chitradurga town. Temple of Shiji is surrounded by a small zoo maintained by Forest Department. The zoo has a few animals like crocodile, deer, leopard, few birds . Very small zoo and walking area. good for a small picnic and it also has kids play area. Kids will enjoy. There is a stepped tank(Well) right opposite the Temple. You can also watch few star tortoise. Better carry water and snacks if needed. Further you can trek from this place to Jogi Matti(permission required).
4.5 based on 4 reviews
This hill is located in the town of Holalkere (35 Kms from Chitradurga) on the way to Shimoga from Chitradurga. One has to take deviation towards Hosadurga road to reach this spot. We were accompanied by local friend & hence did not find it difficult to locate.
One has to trek long distance to reach the top. View on the way to top was beautiful. The temple on the top was small with Lord Ranganathswamy being the diety. The name dodda hotte is derived from the big belly of the lord. All the trek was worth once you reach the top with breezy wind making it feel better in summer.
This would be a difficult trek for family with kids. Carry lot of water & food as nothing would be available on the way or on top. It is better to visit during december
4.5 based on 2 reviews
4.5 based on 2 reviews
ThingsTodoPost © 2018 All rights reserved.