4.5 based on 720 reviews
This Beach is beautiful but it's far in North
Very Less Crowded
No Water Sports
Few choice of Beach Shack
Parking near to Beach not available
No Hotels and Restaurants closed by the beach
Note: Avoid getting massage on the beach and if you are not interested in having food and drinks on the beach then go for paid beds which they charge around INR 200 per couple for 2~3 hours. You can bargain also.
5 based on 39 reviews
IKO registered kitesurf and Surf School offering kitesurf lessons Stand up Paddle trips to see the dolphins and Surf Lessons Based in Riverside Hotel on the beach - full amenities, restaurants, beach huts, bar - free sunbeds.
All the teachers in the surf school are super relaxed and willing to help. Their surf equipment and kite equipment is top quality and safe for learning. Hannah is an excellent surf teacher and really helped me to progress in my abilities. Charlie and Robin are very thorough and I felt safe during every stage of my learning. Thanks so much to all of you! See you soon :---)
5 based on 140 reviews
We went to Shanti's in Mandrem to get two 90 minute massages. Everything was going well until my girlfriend's massuse stops to go to the bathroom. The bathroom was right next door and we could hear what was going on. The massuse flushed, but did not wash her hands. When she came back in she said: "Now it is time for your FACE massage..." My girlfriend was so grossed out she nearly vomited and struggled to keep it down for the rest of the massage. The bathroom itself smelled of urine, was not clean and did not contain any form of hand sanitizer as my girlfriend hoped to find. We know that hygiene standards in India are not the same as in Europe, but this was beyond any expectation or decency.
4.5 based on 39 reviews
Over the past decade, Oceanic Yoga has gone on to become one of the world’s most renowned yoga training institutes. Our founder, Yogi Abhay has meticulously developed and fine-tuned the course training giving students one of the most thorough cognizances in the practical and theoretical aspects of yoga in India today. Our alumni have gone on to become widely successful and renowned Yoga teachers. With over 200/300 hours of solid and dedicated training, you will leave the program feeling confident and possess everything you need to begin teaching well-balanced yoga classes. Learn the art and science of designing and delivering a safe, dynamic class here with us at Oceanic Yoga. We look forward to having you join us on one of our courses!
Chose to do a weeks yoga retreat here. It wasnt the calm, relaxing experience I wanted. I never give bad reviews however this time I felt compelled to do so.
Please note the venue is primarily a resort (riva resort) with the oceanic yoga side added on.
First I'll start with the positives:
- good location on a quiet beach and walking distance to Arambol
- Lovely, humble yoga teachers who are able to adapt to all abilities
- Use of swimming pool
- Wide range of meditation techniques used particularly enjoyed dancing meditation
- low cost especially considering goa prices
- construction work going on in the resort right next to the retreaters yoga and meditation huts meaning struggled to sometimes hear the yoga teacher and meditation was very difficult ! Especially as a beginner.
- Food all vegetarian and tasty but would've been nice to have healthy raw plain vegetables/salads/rice etc everything was fried in lots of oil and garlic and butter. Yes I know we are in India but doesn't really complement the yoga, would've liked healthier options available.
- Made to feel uncomfortable by a certain teacher with inappropriate questions such as asking if I had a boyfriend.
- On the only day off the retreat (Sunday) a pool party was held and opened to the general public meaning it was impossible to relax or practice meditating with extremely loud drum and bass music vibrating the huts, people drinking & smoking everywhere (even though we are encouraged as yoga students not to) and the inability to relax around the pool. Not exactly the zen experience!
- Not many on the retreat so if you're coming as a single yogi wishing to meet other yogis, this is probably not for you
- Mats for the retreaters are basic, worn and thin so can be uncomfortable. Lack of props provided.
Overall the negatives far outweighed the positives and I would not recommend this retreat. My yoga practice developed as I believe it would've done just doing drop in yoga classes everyday. I was extremely excited for my first retreat after years of practising yoga but it was definitely not the calming, eye opening experience I was after.
*Please note parts of this review do not apply to the teaching course as they are taught in a separate quieter room away from construction with decent mats and equipment*
5 based on 29 reviews
Thank you Ced, I loved spending time on the Board it was great fun. I enjoyed the way you showed the group what to do and your focus on keeping us all safe. I would recommend Waterwalk to anyone who is spending time in GOA - go for it!
4.5 based on 13 reviews
All of the Surf, SUP, Kayak, Kite Surfing and Wakeboarding courses, rentals and trips we offer at Vaayu are run out of our Adventure Center by our staff of certified and passionate instructors and guides.Get in the water and play!
I had a friend staying at Vaayu, so I ended up spending a lot of time there.
First off, their food is excellent. I didn't eat anything I didn't like. I would recommend the stuffed peppers or the fish tacos.
Secondly, the staff are great. I cut my foot on the way back from the beach and even though I wasn't staying there they offered me first aid to my foot. This was very much appreciated as in a place like India it can get infected very easily. They also care very much about their community and the people and animals in it.
The atmosphere of the resturant and lounging areas are very laid back and chill. I would go back to Vaayu again for sure.
4 based on 8 reviews
The history of this temple dates back to several centuries. Had visited with family as this happens to be deity of one of my relatives. Very peaceful and quiet.
5 based on 3 reviews
Dean Alan Goa.Lifestyle brand that embraces sun,surf,island living, color, freedom and originality of prints. Women,Men,Kid,Home Decor. Textiles and fabrics keeping with the traditions of India with a Boho island feel. Dean Alan is a designer from NYC that has been living and working in India for over 20 years. The Dean Alan Collection is produced in the D.A Overseas factory in New Delhi.
ThingsTodoPost © 2018 All rights reserved.